Book bought but barely used - Price Negotiable if buyer pays for shipping or picks up in person.
Incorporates the use of MATLAB to help readers visualize and understand the mathematics and solve problems requiring heavy computation
Brings relevance to the material through many examples, most drawn from the engineering and scientific literature
Introduces the z transform, of great importance in digital technologies
Includes a new chapter on the Hilbert transform, crucial to work in communications
Incorporates a wealth of examples from the scientific and engineering literature and an abundance of exercises that help build problem-solving skillsA solutions manual is available with qualifying course adoptions.
Resoundingly popular in its first edition, Dean Duffy's Advanced Engineering Mathematics has been updated, expanded, and now more than ever provides the solid mathematics background required throughout the engineering disciplines. Melding the author's expertise as a practitioner and his years of teaching engineering mathematics, this text stands clearly apart from the many others available.
Relevant, insightful examples follow nearly every concept introduced and demonstrate its practical application. This edition includes two new chapters on differential equations, another on Hilbert transforms, and many new examples, problems, and projects that help build problem-solving skills. Most importantly, the book now incorporates the use of MATLAB throughout the presentation to reinforce the concepts presented. MATLAB code is included so readers can take an analytic result, fully explore it graphically, and gain valuable experience with this industry-standard software.
Book bought on 24 March 2016. The book is in good condition. It is a practical introduction to the engineering science required for engineering study and practice. Interested parties can contact me on 078 102 9459.
Charles L. Phillips and John M Parr and Eve A Riskin
1. Applied Numerical Methods with MATLAB for Engineers and Scientists, Steven C Chapra [R100]
2. Statistical Methods for Engineers 2nd Edition, Geoffrey Vining & Scott M Kowalski [R100]
3. Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach 5th Edition, Y Cengel & M Boled [R100]
4. Heat Transfer: A practical approach 2nd Edition; Y Cengel [R200]
5. Effective Project Management; Clements/Gido [R100]
6. Chemistry: The Molecular nature of Matter and Change, 3rd Edition; Silberberg [R100]
7. Engineering and Chemical Thermodynamices; M Koretsky [R100]
8. Materials Science and Engineering, An Introduction, 6th Edition; W Calister Jr [R100]
9. Separation Process Principles, 2nd Edition; JD Seader & EJ Henley [R200]
10. Separation Process Principles, 2nd Edition; JD Seader & EJ Henley [R200]
11. Mineral Process Technology 7th Edition; B.A Wills and T.J Napier-Munn [R200]
12. Engineering Economy, 11th Edition; W Sullivan, J Bontadelli & E Wicks [R100]
13. Project Management for Business, Engineering and Technology, 3rd Edition; J Nicholas & H Steyn [R100]
14. Chemical Engineering Design Volume 6, 4th Edition; R K Sinnot [R250]
15. Engineering Economy, 11th Edition; G Thuesen & W Fabrycky [R100]
16. Optimization of chemical processes, 2nd Edition; Edgar, Himmelblau & Lasdon [R250]
17. Process Principles in Minerals & Materials Production, 3rd Edition; Peter Hayes [R150]
18. Fluid Mechanics, 5th Edition; Frank White [R100]
19. Standard Handbook of Engineering Calculations, 2nd Edition; Tyler G Hicks [R200]
20. Chemical Thermodynamics for Metals and Materials; Hae-Geon Lee [R150]
21. Elementary Principles of Chemical Processes, 3rd Edition; R Felder & R Rousseau [R200]
22. Introduction to Particle Technology; Martin Rhodes [R100]
23. C How to Program: Introducing C++ and Java, 4th Edition; Deitel [R100]
24. Elements of Chemical Reaction Engineering, 4th Edition; H Fogler [R100]
25. Analysis, Synthesis, and Design of Chemical Processes, 2nd Edition; Turton, Bailie, Joseph, etc [R100]
26. Process Control: Designing Processes and Control Systems for Dynamic Performance, 2nd Edition; T Marlin [R300]
Or R3000 for the lot